Study Hub: Online Retreat Day
The Study Hub retreat day will run from 9am to 4:30pm on Monday 1st February 2021, with a preparatory hour from 12:30-1:30pm on Tuesday 26th January 2021. There is some flexibility with the preparatory session so if you are not able to attend at this time, an alternative time can be arranged with the workshop tutor.
Please note that this workshop is limited to 20 attendees and priority will be given to second and third year students. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. The deadline for applying will be 12pm on Wednesday 20th January 2021. Bookings will open one month before the main session.
Study Hub is a seven hour intense, structured, online study experience with Natalie Lancer (life, career and writing coach). You will spend the day online with Natalie and a small group of other LAHP students on Zoom. Natalie will guide you through setting your goals for the day, creativity exercises, and mind mapping the next thing you are working on, so you can:
- Write your chapter or article
- Analyse data
- Work on a presentation
- Actively read something and make notes on it
- Or anything else PhD related!
Each attendee will get:
- 20 minute one-to-one coaching session with Natalie, an accredited coach, experienced writer and academic, to help you unlock anything holding you back and make a plan for your next steps
- Supportive writing atmosphere broken up into blocks of 25 minutes
- Technical expertise in qualitative methods
- Creativity booster session
- Structured day in which you do not burn out and are able to stay focussed for six hours
- A pre-Study Hub Day planning session in which you make specific goals to ensure you get the most from Study Hub Day
- The real-time accountability of a group
- Encouragement and motivation from a small, focused group
Six hours of supervised writing