Still Point Journal
The LAHP-funded The Still Point Journal has recently published its sixth issue, Tangle. The aim of the journal is to encourage conversation and exchange between researchers from disciplines across the Arts & Humanities and in the academic space of London and the larger global community interacting with it. We hope that The Still Point Journal will engage readers and writers in new conversations and open up the niches of our research to new audiences.
If you would like to join the editorial board, please email email@example.com Contributors should be currently affiliated with a research institution, although we are also interested in hearing from artists, designers and illustrators who would like to collaborate with researchers on their pieces.
Call for submissions
Still Point is open for submissions.
We are interested in:
- original & translations
- essays on poetry, poetics, poetry publishing, readings
- reviews of work from small/indie presses
Opinion pieces about academic life
- pay, precarity, teaching, research, jobs, striking, UCU/NUS, organising in and around the university
- other reflections on higher ed or the university
Personal experiences of research
- field work, archival discoveries, rabbit-holes… anything off the side of your desk
- we don’t publish academic essays
Creative nonfiction (essay/memoir)
Cultural commentary (not straight reviews)
Online submissions are on a rolling basis. Articles are typically 800-1000 words.
Our next print edition will appear in 2024.
The Still Point Editorial Team