- Are you passionate about doctoral research in the arts and humanities?
- Can you speak confidently and enthusiastically about LAHP and inspire future applicants?
- Are you committed to encouraging Black and other Global Majority students, and those from other under-represented groups, –
to apply for a LAHP studentship?
- Have you completed the first year of your LAHP PhD?
If your answer is YES, please apply to LAHP’s Ambassador Programme.
LAHP is looking to appoint four new Student Ambassadors in the first, second and third year of their PhD from across KCL, RCSSD, LSE and SAS to join six continuing Student Ambassadors from RCA, RCM, QMUL and UCL.
LAHP seeks to appoint students across subject areas and HEIs. Priority will be given to applicants from under-represented groups, particularly Black and other Global Majority applicants.
Student Ambassadors will engage with prospective students as positive role models and will encourage applications for open and CDA studentships, particularly from Black and other Global Majority students, and those from other under-represented groups.
Ambassadors who have completed placements and/or received student-led activity funding will also be employed to engage with current students about different opportunities during their PhD research.
Hours and pay:
Ambassadors will be expected to work for a minimum of 20 hours over the year and will be paid at the hourly rate of £18.32 (UCL GTA scale). Additional hours will need to be agreed with the LAHP team before work is carried out.
Scope of work:
Across the group of Ambassadors appointed in 2021/22, the work will involve:
- Attending online meetings about the open studentship competition to give a short presentation and participate in a Q&A session (November and December);
- Ambassadors holding CDAs will be asked to participate in Q&A sessions on CDAs for the 2022/23 studentship competition (July and September)
- To organize online meetings with MA and UG students in your own HEI, in liaison with LAHP’s Core Management Group members;
- To coordinate with each other and lead on organizing at least one online meeting beyond your own HEI, e.g. through different networks / at a post-92 university for MA and UG students;
- To participate in a filmed interview for the LAHP website to encourage prospective applicants;
- To participate in the LAHP Placement event, promoting placement opportunities to other LAHP students;
- To lead an online event on the Student-led activities fund, encouraging other students to apply to this fund.
Monthly timesheet & report
Please submit your monthly timesheet to Unitemps and report on the activities undertaken to email@example.com by 27th of each month.
Payments will be processed by Unitemps on the last working day of the following month.
*Earlier submission deadline for December payments: 23rd November.