Study Hub: Online retreat day (term 2)
The Study Hub retreat day will run from 9am to 3pm on Friday 11th February 2022, with a preparatory hour from 11am-12pm on Thursday 10th February 2022. There is some flexibility with the preparatory session so if you are not able to attend at this time, an alternative time can be arranged with the workshop tutor.
Please note that this workshop is limited to 20 attendees and priority will be given to students in the second and third year of their PhD (This includes 1st year LAHP students who commenced their PhD before the 2021/22 academic year). Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. The deadline for applying will be 12pm on Tuesday 8th February 2022.
Study Hub is a seven hour intense, structured, online study experience with Natalie Lancer (life, career and writing coach). You will spend the day online with Natalie and a small group of other LAHP students on Zoom. Natalie will guide you through setting your goals for the day, creativity exercises, and mind mapping the next thing you are working on, so you can:
- Write your chapter or article
- Analyse data
- Work on a presentation
- Actively read something and make notes on it
- Or anything else PhD related!
Each attendee will get:
- 20 minute one-to-one coaching session with Natalie, an accredited coach, experienced writer and academic, to help you unlock anything holding you back and make a plan for your next steps
- Supportive writing atmosphere broken up into blocks of 25 minutes
- Technical expertise in qualitative methods
- Creativity booster session
- Structured day in which you do not burn out and are able to stay focussed for six hours
- A pre-Study Hub Day planning session in which you make specific goals to ensure you get the most from Study Hub Day
- The real-time accountability of a group
- Encouragement and motivation from a small, focused group
Six hours of supervised writing