Placement Event (online) – 23 November 2023
The event will be an opportunity for you to find out all the latest information about the placement scheme, as well as hear about fellow students’ experiences. We will also have presentations from our current partners who are offering specific placement opportunities, followed by a networking session where you will be able to speak to the representatives from a variety of placement hosts. Dr Marquard Smith (LAHP Deputy Director Collaborations & Partnerships) and Gillian Harrison (LAHP Senior Support Officer) will also be available to discuss any questions you may have on placements with non-HEI partners of your own choice.
Please book your place via the online form by 5pm Tuesday 21st November. The Zoom link will be provided after the deadline.
Welcome and Introduction to Placement Scheme:
Presentation by Dr Marquard Smith – LAHP Deputy Director for Collaborations and Partnerships, and Gillian Harrison – LAHP Senior Support Officer
Placement Case Studies:
- Placement Case Study 1: Hannah Clarkson – LAHP student (RCA); Erin Lee – Head of Archive (National Theatre Archive)
- Placement Case Study 2: Linn Phyllis Seeger – LAHP student (RCA); Dr Bartek Dziadosz – Director (The Derek Jarman Lab)
- Ruben McNeil-Walsh; Senior Policy Advisor (Open Innovation Team)
- Katie Birkwood; Rare Books and Special Collections Librarian (Royal College of Physicians Library, Archive & Museum)
- Lily Colgan; Academic Engagement Officer (The National Archives)
- Dr. Fiona Wilkie; Doctoral Partnership Manager – Science Directorate (Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew)
- Helen Sunderland (The Sunderland Collection)
- Dr. Elaine Tierney; Senior Tutor, History of Design, V&A Research Institute (V&A)
- Dr. Niamh Bowe; Portfolio Manager (Taylor & Francis Group)
- Dr Megan Kelleher; Historian and Academic Access Manager (Royal Air Force Museum)
The above placement hosts will be assigned a breakout room to discuss their specific opportunities, and attendees can select to join rooms of their choice.